Tuesday 11 December 2012

Book Review: Hush, hush - Becca Fitzpatrick ♥

Title: Hush Hush (Hush hush series 1#)
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Format: Hardback
POV: Nora's point of view

Summary: Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment. 

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

 For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life. 

The review

Let me just get this off my chest. Why the heck is this being compared to Twilight?!?

I mean sure, they're biology partners...and it's about a teenage girl falling for someone that's not human. Other then that, it's a completely whole other story!

Anyway, this is one of the books that tends to get mixed reviews, which made me stand on the line between getting it and not getting it. Thank goodness I picked it up!

First off, I wanna talk about the characters in this book..err, where do I start? Nora, the leading lady of this book, however, I didn't feel the connection between us two, she just seems to make choices that I could disagree on, why? Her decisions just seem to be stupid, as if she didn't think it through. On the other hand, as I progressed through the book, I  actually started liking her. Next, we have the bad boy Patch. When I read the part where he tell's his name, I sort of giggled. Seriously?! Patch? Really?!? The name doesn't really fit in with his bad boy appearance, it sound's like a name that most children would call their teddy bears. Moving on, we have Nora's annoying friend Vee, seriously, through out the whole book, I just wanted to slap the girl in the face. She's too talkative, annoying, gullible, oh, did I mention that she's annoying

Although the characters had me at the edge, the plot made up for. It was full of action, cliffhangers and steamy moments

Overall, the book was great although the characters did put me off.

∞∞∞∞ 
Really interesting, I recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. I had trouble connecting with Nora at first too. I like her more in book two (Crescendo).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Nora was a character I had difficulty coping with and I'm planning to get Crescendo.

      Delete