Sunday 16 December 2012

Movie review: Another earth

Title: Another Earth
Cast:
Brit Marling as Rhoda Williams
William Mapother as John Burroughs
and many more...

Summary:
On the night of the discovery of a duplicate planet in the solar system, an ambitious young student and an accomplished composer cross paths in a tragic accident.





The review

Well...it isn't exactly what I expected, it actually turned out to be boring to be honest. However, it was full of guilt, sacrifice and forgiveness.


I remember watching this early this year at a sleepover and one of my friends fell asleep - well, it was like 2 am in the morning so that could have been a possibility   Okay, let's get on with le review (yes, le review) 

Before I start on this review, I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate. 'Oh, another earth is such a deep movie' or 'another earth is so emotional, it should get an award' - yeah, I agree that the movie was deep but, I didn't exactly want it to be in the movie.

I loved the concept of the idea that there was another earth out there, this is why I'm going to share my ideas for making movie better (This is my opinion, I'm just expressing what I believe):

1. Actually concentrate more on the 'other' earth - In this movie, all it did was follow a journey of a person that look's up at the sky every now and again. What I really wanted to see was people working on the case of this "Other earth", get a look on this other earth or something! All this movie showed was a girl working for this man because she knew she killed his family. What I'm trying to say here is that this other earth, is all in the background, it's like the title of this film has no use in this movie what so ever.
2. Action. I seriously wanted to see some action somehow! What if earth 2 was actually our bad-selves and they wanted to take over the original planet however, what we do to their planet also happens to our planet - if you get my drift? Or someone on the real earth was able to sneak into NASA and hop on the plane to this other planet and falls in love with this guy but there's a twist, she knows the guy back in her planet and that guy is a jerk - on the other planet. See! These are some ideas that would have made me go head over heels for this film!

After watching this movie, none of my questions were answered. NONE! Could this other world be our break in life? Could this world be more advanced then ours? Could this other earth do what we can't? Could they be plotting something evil without us even knowing? NONE WERE ANSWERED!

Overall, this movie deals with pain, loss, decisions and emotion. If you're all in to drama, this would be great for you! But I hated how it lacked fantasy even though this movie was suppose to be under that category. 

∞∞∞
It was okay, some flaws here and there

No comments:

Post a Comment