Sunday 9 December 2012

Movie review: The Amazing Spiderman

Title: The amazing spider-man
Cast:
Andrew Garfield as Spider-man/Peter Parker
Emma Stone as Gwen Stacey
RhysIfans as The lizard/Dr. Curt Connors
Dennis Leary as Caption Stacey
and many more...

Summary: Like most teenagers, Peter is trying to figure out who he is and how he got to be the person he is today. Peter is also finding his way with his first high school crush, Gwen Stacy, and together, they struggle with love, commitment, and secrets. As Peter discovers a mysterious briefcase that belonged to his father, he begins a quest to understand his parents' disappearance - leading him directly to Oscorp and the lab of Dr Curt Connors, his father's former partner. As Spider-Man is set on a collision course with Connors' alter-ego, The Lizard, Peter will make life-altering choices to use his powers and shape his destiny to become a hero.

The Review

Hands down, this movie is one of the most memorable movie of the year.

Yes, I knew there would be comparisons between the new and the old, I knew that it would receive loads of hate and I knew people would say it's a rip-off - that didn't stop me from watching it. After I watched it, I came out really confused, why the heck did some people hate it?
Favourite part of the movie :D

I mean come on, although Maguire acted very well as spider-man in the original one, Garfield was spider-man. He was believable! He was spot on on acting like a normal yet awkward teenager - with a big secret. As Spider-man, I love how in the most serious events, he brightens it up a bit with a witty joke, which was never expressed in the original spider-man. 

Now moving on, we have the lovely female character, Gwen, played by Emma Stone.  People compare her to MJ, which I really don't see the point of. One interview said that her character falls in love with Peter Parker whilst MJ falls in love with spider-man. Plus, the chemistry between Gwen and Peter is perfect, they're both nerdy - which thank goodness they didn't make Gwen in to that elite, popular girl. Plus, what I love about her character is that people respect her, especially Peter's bully.

One thing that makes me stop and think is when Parker and his bully are in the basketball court and he owns him. Hard. 

"Wow, he just epically defied gravity and shot that ball in the hoop whilst epically breaking the glass as well. No normal teenager can do that but hey, we still think he's defiantly not spider-man"

What? WHAT?!? This scene makes me laugh every time I think about it. Plus, I love how whilst they're in the office, the principal is not concern about how he did it. 

Now to the villain. This was where it was a total let down for me. I expected it to be a Joker VS Batman kind of thing but he wasn't that memorable. 

Overall, I love the plot, I totally recommend it, it was full of action that won't bore you, and a hint of comedy.

∞∞∞∞∞
I fell in love with it! Everything about it was perfection!





2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. I think people should stop comparing movies and books between old and new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the past is the past. People should get over the fact that the present is the present.

      Delete